Thursday, March 6, 2014

Well MB01 L96 Airsoft sniper rifle

Yes, I bought a sniper rifle. A friend sold it ridiculously cheap so I couldn't resist. The weapon is a version av the famous AWG sniper rifle from counter-strike. The model is made by Well, and this particular version MB01A I bought with 3 mags, silencer, bipod and a hunting BSA Contender hunting scope.

All geared up fitted with silencer, scope and bipod it's a stunning 135 cm long, weighing about 4 kg. 

With 0,43 g bb's it seems to get the distance, but the hop feels unreliable, as it hasn't been used all that much it probably just needs to be used and run in.

As it comes to sniper gear, I'm gonna use a hip bag for tools, mags and bb's. Then of course a radio and a ghillie suit. I will need a side arm as well, but that will have to wait for now.

The playing style will flip my mind around completely. All my military training was either based on assault or peacekeeping. I have to wrap my mind around being fast to find a good firing position, and just lay there keeping radio contact to the rest of the team.  Popping one or two enemies while reporting back every move I see. Stealth and most importantly patience will be key to a successful sniping run.

At this writing time the weather is wet and cold, so I won't hit the dirt just yet. I'm still thinking of putting a 3 tone camo painting on the gun and barrel before the weather is suitable.

I shot the rifle in a bit a couple of days ago. The hop seems more stable now, and the scope is more or less dead centre when shooting on targets about 30 m away. Able to hit 3 beer cans with 3 shots, one per can from a standing position 30 m away is good enough for me right now. Since the gun is totally original, and there is much upgradable parts awailable!

No comments:

Post a Comment