Sunday, March 2, 2014

Airsoft Rk95tp (Gk99) by G&G

The rk, for me a natural choice for first airsoft weapon. An excellent skirmish weapon right out of the box. I actually played four or five games with it as it was without any bigger adjustments or upgrades. My friend tells me it has a distinguished sound to it when I fire, as the pneumatic blow back cap hits the body. We even used this to our advantage ;)

The Iron sights aren't as good as the real steels, but I found that with the back sight in the middle position, in night mode, its easier to aim quickly.

The first upgrade I made to this gun, was fitting a side bracket on the side. I got help from a local store. One of the employees had made the exact same upgrade to his Rk a while back and even wrote a post on in. The Cyma AK side bracket fits the rk if you drill a extra whole on the front as shown here. First I measured the distance of the holes in the gun. then I drilled the hole in line with the two other holes on the bracket.

As screws, I had to modify the smallest screws I found at a DIY store. I shortened them and flattened the hat for the back screw, as it would jam any sight of getting on the rail.


I played with my friends cobra sight for a couple of games. In the cold the batteries (2x ,1.5v AA) tend to run out or weaken, so the sight didn't work very well. I even had to remove the sight in the middle of a fire fight once!

I later bought a ACOG red dot sight from a team-mate from Vaasa. It worked better for some reason!? Although the voltage in 2 xLR44 batteries sum up to the same as in the cobra.

Here is the rail fitted with my ACOG. Its high up, but works very well. This set-up I have used now for say around 6 - 7 games now. The Lr44 batteries x2 seems to work very well, even in colder conditions. Have my first pair in still, and they are still going strong!

The guns Hop starts to be run-in and is very reliable now as well.





The last and not least upgrade was making a cheek raiser for the stock. The only thing is, there is no airsoft version made for the gun. You might be able to get your hand on a real steal cheek raiser, but the chance is very slim.

I chose to modify a Magpul CRT (M4) large cheek raiser. I used a electric tube, the same diameter as the stock. I cut of a 5 mm piece from the full length of the tube to a "half moon" so that it can be fitted on the stock. I then anchored it inside the cheek raiser using foam and 3 screws fitted with wall plugs in the foam.

When the foam was fully set roughly 24 h later, I cut out the pipe, and some of its surroundings because it has to flex when it is pressed on / pulle off the stock.

Then I coated the foam with primer, and later painted it with matte black to hide the white foam. The result wasn't an art piece, but so far it hold up pretty good. The pipe snaps on the stock hard, and barely moves sideways.

Hopefully the foam will be solid enough to taste some battle. The stock seldom gets a beating, but you never know.




Here is the result!



No comments:

Post a Comment